View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kunther
PvP
Contender

Contender

re: WoD Guides.

Once things are more set in stone, I will be writing guides for both tanking and DPS. The other two guides I've renamed and left alive for historical purposes.

Contender

Contender

Boogooloo also plans on doing guides. The two of you should get together and make some glorious strategy/guide babies.

What I need in order to progress further is a group of five of us to do dungeon content together (And with enough of us, jumping in during raid testing hours). I know a good bit about the Grimrail depot (and I pretty much have everything downpat about Skyreach), but the whole process would be smoother and faster if I had the guild to run with so I can more easily document what I learn.

Grinether
Officer
Contender

Contender

I know Guroth, Joel, Myself, Bre, Rystia, Holy?, Boog, Kunther, Soul??, Jab? all had interests in the beta, i can get into contact with most of them minus soul. Suggest some times and we can ask around to see if people would interested in coming on to test the 5-mans at least.

Let's go with our former raid night times for now -- T-W-T from 7pm CDT (Mal'Ganis server time) until we feel like stopping.

As a side note: If you have a 4-piece set (especially heroic version) from SoO, your optimal setup would be to raise a char to level 100 from the Beta Leveling Realm 01, equip upgrades, save the 4-set, and stack Versatility (it's currently OP for many classes).

Otherwise, you're going to want to roll a toon on the Level 100 PvP Realm. The PVP gear is exceptionally strong.

Don't roll anything on the Level 100 PvE realm. That realm is more intended for max level non-raid content, and thus provides you with a subpar gear set -- furthermore there are no flask/food/enchant vendors.

If you bring your own toon, make sure to stash lots of gold for the occasion. Freshly rolled toons come with 10k gold for expenses.

Kunther
PvP
Contender

Contender

I have yet to get my beta invite, still waiting. I would love to test the new content.

There's been several wipes, and I've learned enough to see that the leveling process is easy and won't need any guides. (Just spend as much time leveling with the XP buff in Spires of Arak)

Garrisons are straightforward enough as well. There'll be better guides out there.

The dungeons have all undergone significant tuning in the last 2 days. Looks like I get to play this with pugs now and start writing dungeon guides. I'm gonna try to use the guide material Holygrail set me up with back when we started heroics. (I wonder if I can link spell IDs from the warlords side of wowhead?).

There are heroic dungeons that need premade groups to test, however. I will eventually need a guild group for that.

Boogooloo

Well, the need for dungeon guides is kind of out the window, mostly. The Dungeon Journals are improved, with advice for each role in each fight. It still doesn't cover everything, like the drakefire in the Warlord Zaela encounter (No, not Galakras from SoO, she fights you in the new Upper Blackrock Spire.).

Grinether
Officer
Contender

Contender

I see what you mean Boog. The guides are nicely laid out and have role specific data. I would still suggest tips and tricks on the fights as the dungeon journal will not always have the best strat (or any really). I always liked standing positions, raid make ups, specific class roles (if any), raid call outs (over vent), timing, etc. i'm sure you know what i mean.

Also, since they keep wiping it because it is BETA, I would like to know how you are doing the dungeons? Are you doing them at 90? Lvling up to 100 manually? Or creating a premade lvl 100 character?

Best thing to do in defense of wipes is to bring a char from Level100 PvP realm. Here's why:

There is a pvp gear vendor who is selling ilvl 660 (basically current BiS for both pvp and pve) gear for gold, and they sell many different types for each armor type and slot -- which means you can cheaply customize your character to your desired stat priority.

In addition, though other realms also have this, there is a consumables vendor who sells gives out free enchants for your rings, weapon, neck, and cloak in any secondary stat you wish. You can also get new DPS pots, flasks, and food. The pots will boost your primary stat, while the food and flasks are for secondary stats only.

These vendors can be found in the Valley of Strength in Orgrimmar, where Khadgar used to be.

Kunther
PvP
Contender

Contender

Just throwing it out there, this was a warrior guide thread :D

Blame it on my autism.

Grinether
Officer
Contender

Contender

haha you are right Kunther, well we are taking over for the time being. Prepare for a foreign presence to invade your place of business, if you get what i mean ;)

The forums will get cleaned back up at the release of the xpack.

I will look into what you said Boog.

Jump to: